Hello and welcome to Alex’s Blog,
We recently got contacted by the organisers of the Inspire Ride and it inspired us to write this blog! SO! What exactly is InSpire Ride?
InSpire is a motorcycling event run by motorcyclists for motorcyclists to commemorate the huge losses in Bomber Command during WWII by converging on the UK’s newest War Memorial in Lincoln. Inspire Ride 2020 will be the third ride and will take place on Sunday May 10th 2020. Gates open at 10.30am. For more details on tickets and event details click here.
What is it for?
1. Commemoration: To bring Motorcyclists from all walks of life and on a variety of two wheeled machines together, to commemorate the fallen members of our RAF Armed Forces who were lost from the ranks of Bomber Command during WWII. The Target Destination of the ride is the Brand New International Bomber Command Centre, (The’ IBCC’), which is a world-class facility which serves as a point for recognition, remembrance and reconciliation.
2. Bringing Riders Together & Having a good time: Let’s not underestimate the simple fun that sharing a good ride-out with fellow bikers can bring. Our Intention is to deliver a safe and engaging day at the IBCC and to enjoy the visitor attraction supplemented with a unique series of motorcycling and Flying events and stands.
3. Charity Inspired Event: The monies raised from your participation will be split between three fantastic Charities:
So, not only will you be having a great time, doing something worthy but you will also be raising money for some fantastic charities!
What will be there to do?
The IBCC is a spectacular Visitor Attraction including:
- The Memorial Spire (the tallest War Memorial in Britain)
- The Walls of Names (23 walls made up of 270 individual steel panels on which are engraved the names of almost 58,000 lost from Bomber Command from 14 Nations).
- The Chadwick Centre (Interpretation Exhibition and café etc)
- The Peace Garden
At its heart are the Memorial Spire (which gives its name to this event and the Walls of Names. The IBCC’s elevated site commands stunning views across Lincoln, with a focus on the City’s ancient Cathedral, which served as a sighting point for crews flying from Lincolnshire. For many of the men named on the accompanying walls, the Cathedral provided their last sight of Britain.Its dramatic centrepiece is a Structural steel Memorial,(the Spire) the height of a Lancaster Bombers wingspan which is now regarded as the UK’s tallest war memorial, a structure that has given its very name to this Event. The whole afternoon will culminate in a short moment of reflection of the sacrifices made by the fallen men and women of Bomber Command and the playing of the last post.
AND we are planning to bring you a great afternoon including:
- Lancaster Bomber Flypast
- The Last Post
- Period Military Vehicles
- Period Entertainment
- Bikes of the age
- Merchandise/Supporters stalls
- And of Course Food and Beverage
How much does it cost?
£10 per ticket, £50 Vip solo ticket and £60 VIP ticket with pillion. All funds generated from tickets sales will cover the cost of the event, all surplus funds go directly to the recipient charities without deduction. Your registration and any additional donation will secure you and any pillion a place on the Ride-In, and free access and parking to the IBCC. We will send you an InSpire sticker to be displayed on your bike to signify that you have paid. Free Guided Tours of the IBCC will be run during the afternoon at 15 minute intervals. If you wish to visit the fantastic Interactive Exhibition at the IBCC, this will be an extra cost – you will need to purchase a timed entry ticket from the IBCC on arrival.
If you can’t make it, but still want to contribute then please visit their Virgin Money giving page here.
We at J&S have 30 stores nationwide, with some stores being very near to the starting points of the ride (namely Nottingham, Leicester, Finedon, Doncaster, Leeds) but we do have other stores that aren’t too far to go for such a worthy cause so it makes sense for us to be sharing this with all of our followers and customers. So what are you waiting for? Share this post on social media, send it to your friends and get organising!
Please keep an eye out on our social media and Alex’s Blog for more news on other events coming very soon and in the mean time you can buy tickets for InSpire Ride 2020 here.
Until next time, stay safe,